Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Musings

Today the new Archdiocesan Liturgy Director begins a long and adventurous family road trip westward from North Carolina, on this the memorial of St. Bonaventure. May the intercession of the seraphic Doctor bring Andrew and his family a good trip to Seattle (and to all the stops in between.) Please hold him and his family in your prayers. We look forward to welcoming him in our Archdiocese in a few weeks (he officially begins August 1st!)

[As a tangent, Andrew and I have a mutual friend getting married at Mary, Queen of Peace in Sammamish on July 27th so I will have the privilege of meeting him on Friday the 26th, and then seeing him again on Saturday and Sunday for the wedding festivities (the bride, who currently is on staff at MQP for children and family ministry, studied with Andrew at Notre Dame and she was also the former youth minister at St. Paul's parish.)]

Our interim director for this past year had two small bouquets of flowers delivered to me and Teresa today for all of our work in this past year of challenging transitions. Each of us are displaying the beautiful bouquets on our desk for the week (hopefully longer, if they last.)





In today's mail I received an informational packet on the Diocese of Boise's first ever Eucharistic Congress to be held on Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7. My friend's wedding, which I'm altar serving at, is scheduled for that same Saturday at Noon, so not sure yet if I can make it work to attend both events. Maybe you can? And if not, our Archdiocese plans to sponsor it's very own Eucharistic Congress in a year or two.
 
And the best for last, check out these pictures of what I consider to be a pretty awesome find, going back to 1973 supposedly! These gems are keepers!

 

2 comments:

  1. So you did take it with you...the oils i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JM, yes, I did take the oils...they were a very neat find! Let me know if you see anything else of interest for me, will you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete