Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Feast Day!



Being an alum of Seattle University (SU,) I have a special place in my heart for the Society of Jesus. The Jesuits have been and continue to be an inspiration to me & a source of wisdom, strength and encouragement. On this, the feast day of their founder, I hold them especially in prayer.

There is no better way for me to celebrate this special feast than at the Chapel of St. Ignatius at SU, where I served as a sacristan during my studies.
 
"O God, who raised up Saint Ignatius of Loyola in your Church to further the greater glory of your name, grant that by his help we may imitate him in fighting the good fight on earth and merit to receive with him a crown in heaven. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever"    Amen!  
(taken from the collect prayer for St. Ignatius)
 
St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment