Saturday, June 15, 2013

Congratulations class of 2013!

Before the Priest Days blog posts from Ocean Shores begin, I wish to congratulate all the graduates of the class of 2013, especially those from Seattle University as they celebrated their Baccalaureate Mass this afternoon at St. James Cathedral.

Father Mike Bayard, SJ, Director of Campus Ministry at SU asked me a while ago to assist at their Baccalaureate Mass,which I was glad to do. Father Mike was and continues to be an important part of my formation as a lay minister in the Church, that being miter and crosier bearer for the Mass is the least I could do for him. Thanks, Father Mike! Your priestly ministry makes a positive difference in the lives of the students (and alumni!)  

My prayer for him (and for all of us reading this post) is that we all remember the work we do makes a positive difference in someone's life, whether we realize it or not. We plant seeds for the students, and among each other, that will bear great fruit in the future!  



Father Mike with a SU '13 graduate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment