Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Almost time to leave the Ocean...

...almost!

We're well into Priest Days and it's been beautiful weather for most of the time. Since our office is not selling liturgical books this year, in between the liturgical celebrations I've had the opportunity to take time off to go to the beach! After six Priest Days, this is my first time going to the beach. Best part of all: I was able to pick up some shells that make for great worry stones!

I've taken more pictures of the beach and the gorgeous weather than the liturgical celebrations.


(L) At the beach yesterday afternoon.  (R) The view from my hotel room at Ocean Shores for Priest Days!
A glimpse of the liturgical celebrations for Priest Days: Mass is celebrated every morning, except today, plus mid-day prayer and evening prayer. Monday night we remembered the priests who died in the past year during a memorial service, and last night there was an opportunity for the priests to go to Confession.


There was no morning Mass today because later this afternoon there will be a Mass celebrating the Jubilarians who celebrate their 25, 50, and 60 anniversary to the priesthood.Maybe for the Jubilarian Mass, since I'm not altar serving, I'll be able to take some pictures of the liturgical celebrations.

Now, I still have two hours until I need to return to the convention center to begin setting up for Mass. There is a nice ice cream shop next to the convention center I haven't been to yet this year! This is the first year (of six) that I've been able to enjoy my time at Ocean Shores and it feels so relaxing and peaceful. Can someone remind me of the actual reason why I came down here?

No comments:

Post a Comment