Monday, February 25, 2013

"Enter the Mystery"

Apologies for the lack of posts these past few days, but the morning after the Rite of Election in Chehalis last Thursday, I flew to Anaheim for the Religious Education Congress. Haven't touched a computer since...until tonight, just as a side after checking-in for my flight back to Seattle in the morning.

The theme for Congress this year was "Enter the Mystery" which I definitely did all weekend long. Since it was my first Congress experience, I simply opened myself up to the Holy Spirit in all that I did, not expecting or planning too much, other than the workshops which everyone had to preregister for in advance and the masses which I was going to attend. It was such a blessed weekend with informative workshops and uplifting liturgies...all of which allowed me to enter into the mystery...Jesus' paschal mystery!

More posts to come about Congress in the future, once I have time to reflect on the grace-filled experiences of this weekend, which will not happen in this hotel room I'm sitting in (or at least it will, but not in a form ready to post.)

But until then, here's a part of the refrain from the Congress theme song, which you can also listen to, published by Curtis Stephan and Spirit & Song, that sums up the weekend well:

"Enter the mystery
see with the eyes of faith
the world transfigured around us."

No comments:

Post a Comment