Sunday, December 15, 2013

Rejoice!

On this Gaudete Sunday, I reflected on a number of events this weekend which we're cause for rejoicing in my heart:

On the feast of St. Lucy, the Chancery employees gathered with the Archbishop for a morning Mass followed by a luncheon. It's always a great opportunity to gather with fellow Chancery employees to rejoice in celebrating a great year of ministry together and for me to wear violet while almost everyone else is decked out in reindeer antlers, santa hats and bells (literally!) I should have worn a crown of candles with my violet blouse.

Also, my friend, George Noel, was ordained to the Priesthood yesterday morning in Crookston, Minnesota, on the feast of St. John of the Cross. As much as I wanted to be in the zero degree Fahrenheit weather, I settled for a number of pictures from his Facebook page:



One of my favorite annual liturgies was also celebrated yesterday, but in much warmer Seattle weather. As always, Maria took great pictures of the Simbang Gabi liturgy, which are up on the Cathedral website. It's also the one day of the year when I wear my Filipino blouse. And when my colleague in the Liturgy Office also wears a barong to the celebration, that in and of itself is a cause for rejoicing:



Lastly, day 1 (or rather night 1) of the Simbang Gabi novena began this evening. When Val and I walked into St. Edward's, we thought we were celebrating the Easter Vigil, as the lights in the entire church were off and people were holding these candles:


No comments:

Post a Comment