Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Liturgy of the Hours

I have a confession to make as somewhat of a foreword to this post. I am not familiar with how to pray the Liturgy of the Hours (LotH). Not because there is no interest on my part, indeed quite the opposite. But yes, one who ministers in the Liturgy Office and is called to serve as a liturgical resource for the Catholic Archdiocese does not know how to pray the official public worship of the Catholic Church (aside from the Mass, of course.)
 
On that note, here's my new read that arrived a few days ago! I’m pretty excited about what seems to be a great yet simple resource that is more of a practical handbook rather than a theological guide on the LotH.

I hope and pray that this walk-through step-by-step handbook will allow me to become more familiar with the LotH, in hopes that we all may be able to “…live as we pray…” (Catechism of the Catholic Church,  # 2725)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you'll post a review of the book - the only one for learning the Office that I've ever seen is 'Lord, Open My Lips' by Seth H. Murray. Another resource would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Father Maurer. Hopefully by the end of this week or next, as I'm still on part two of the book. I unfortunately have become a slower reader as we approach the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete