Friday, November 30, 2012

St. Cecilia Sing!


Two weeks ago, the Seattle Chapter of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) hosted their annual St. Cecilia Sing! This event, which is held near the Feast of St. Cecilia -patron saint for musicians- gathers pastoral musicians throughout the Archdiocese to celebrate the great gift of music and join together in fellowship and prayer.

Although not a pastoral musician myself, I continue to find myself inspired and renewed in ministry with the work that this group does. St. Cecilia Sing! especially moves me because as each of the participating choirs and ensembles sing their piece(s), I enter into a deep joy and peace where all stress and worry disappear for just a brief couple of hours. Many find this feeling watching movies or theater.

Wanting to support and encourage pastoral musicians in their ministry and to spread the word about the chapter, I began taking pictures at their events which may now be found on their website. There is also a lot of helpful resources and information such as job openings and information about musicians salary.

Let us continue to be inspired in ministry through the art of musical liturgy. Thank you to all of the pastoral musicians for their dedication and service to the Church of Western Washington!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen, just checking out your Blog. Thanks for sending me the link, i added it to my reader. I love this post! I have been getting more involved with the music ministry at Christ Our Hope and missed this opportunity. I will endeavor to not miss it in the future.

    Thanks again!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete